Lubricants: maximize life cycle, limit chain elongation
Steel link chains are traction devices, and their service life is usually limited by joint wear and thus chain elongation. Apart from the appropriate design and dimensioning for the respective application, correct lubrication and the quality of the lubricant used are of crucial importance for a long service life.
- Operation without lubrication (dry running condition)
- Operation with initial lubrication, but without relubrication
- Operation with exceeded relubrication deadlines, intermittent dry running condition
- Operation with relubrication, temporarily interrupted, short-time dry running condition
- Operation with optimal relubrication
Apart from the chain dimensions, the chain speed is the primary factor that determines lubrication scope and type (manual, drip oiler, oil bath or pressure circulation lubrication). For further information please refer to DIN ISO 10823 with information as to the selection and dimensioning of roller chain drives.
Wippermann offers a suitable initial lubricant for any application including lubricants for extremely high and low temperatures, which are necessary in the food and beverage industry. Our range includes 10 standard lubricants and a further 20 brand name products that can be used for either initial lubrication or relubrication. Comprehensive test runs on our test benches as well as our many years of practical experience enable us to consult you professionally and effectively with regard to all issues concerning the use of lubricants.