§ 1 General Information
Data protection is an important issue. In the following, we would like to provide you with information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data refers to all data, with which you can be personally identified.
When using the website for information purpose only, meaning without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we only collect the personal data transmitted technologically from your browser to our server, which is required to open the website (§ 5).
Controller according to Article 4 (7) of the GDPR
Wippermann jr. GmbH
Delsterner Straße 133
Konzept 17 GmbH
§ 2 Brief overview of the data and processing operations
We seek to provide you with transparency (in accordance with Article 12 of the GDPR). Therefore, please refer to the overview of processing below:
Types of data processed:
- Usage data or communication data (when accessing a website, IP address, device information, access time and access moment, etc.)
- Contact information for registration or data entry
- User-related data (name, company, address, etc.)
- Communication data (potentially meta-data of phone calls, emails)
- Content data (especially for sending emails)
Furthermore, (internally) the following additional data pertaining to our customers, interested parties, suppliers and business partners for the provision of services in the creation and processing of offers and contracts, services and marketing, direct advertising and customer care:
- Contract data
- Customer relationship management (CRM) data
- Payment information
- Order information and billing information
Data subjects (categories)
- Users of this website (also referred to as visitors)
- Customers (for emails, etc.)
- Website operation and the provision of information
- Ensuring the operation of our website and systems (e.g. firewall)
- Communicating with our customers
- Responding to enquiries
- Website optimization and analysis
- Provision of information to our (prospective) customers and suppliers
§ 3 General legal bases
For the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual measures.
If processing is required to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not override the former interest, Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis for said processing. This is also particularly the case if we use tracking to optimize the website or to measure the reach of our newsletter as well as for respective direct marketing.
If the processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation our company is subject to, Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (d) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
§ 4 General rights of the data subject
- Erasure / Restriction
- Lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority
- according to Article 15 of the GDPR, you can request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information regarding the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data will be or has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, limitation of processing or revocation, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, provided it was not collected by us as well as the existence of an automated-decision making process including profiling and potentially meaningful information in regard to their details;
- according to Article 16 of the GDPR you can request the immediate rectificationof incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- according to Article 17 of the GDPR, you can request the erasureof your personal data stored with us, unless processing is required to exercise the right of free expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- according to Article 18 of the GDPR, you can request the restrictionof processing of your personal data, provided you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful however, you object to the erasure of said data and we no longer require the data but you require it to assert exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- according to Article 20 of the GDPR, you can request to obtain the data you provided to us in a structured, prevalent and machine-readable format or to have it transferred to another controller;
- according to Article 7 (3) of the GDPR, you can revokeyour previously given consent at any time. This leads to us no longer being permitted to process the data the consent is based on in the future from the time of revocation and
- according to Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To do so, you can typically contact the supervisory authority at your usual residence, place of work or of our place of business.
There is no right to erasure if processing is required
- to exercise the right to free expression and information;
- to fulfill a legal obligation required by the law of the European Union or the Member States, which the controller is subject to or to carry out a task in the public interest or is carried out in exercising official authority, which was delegated to the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in public health in accordance with Article 9 (2) (h) and (i) as well as Article 9 (3) of the GDPR;
- for archival purposes of public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89 (1) of the GDPR, to the extent that the law referred to in section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the achievement of the objectives of that processing or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
§ 5 Website use
General data collected when accessing the website
(1) When using the website for informational purposes only, meaning without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we only collect the personal data transmitted to our server by your browser. When browsing our website, we collect the following data we require for technical purposes, to display our website and safeguard the stability and security of our website (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of the request (specific page)
- access status /HTTP status code
- respective data volume transferred
- website, where the request originated
- operating system and its user interface
- browser software language and version.
Data is stored in log files to ensure the functionality of the website. Furthermore, this data serves optimizing the website and ensuring the security of our information technology systems. In this context, the data is not analyzed for marketing purposes. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in data processing according to Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose of its collection.
For data stored in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest. Further storage is possible. In this case, the users' IP addresses are erased or altered, which makes an allocation of the accessing client impossible.
In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard drive and allocated to the browser you are using and which provide specific information to the site, which places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the website more user-friendly and efficient overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically erased after you close the browser. In particular, this includessession cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which is used to assign various requests from your browser to a common session. This enables recognizing your computer, when you return to our website. Session cookies are erased when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookiesare automatically erased after a specific time period, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can erase the cookies at any timein your browser security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and e.g. blockthe acceptance ofthird party cookies or all cookies. Please note that in this case, you may not be able to fully use all functions on this website.
§ 6 Integration of third-party services
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files, which are stored on your computer and enable the analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of the website generated by the cookie is typically transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization has been activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other states, which are party to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The complete IP address is only transmitted to a Google sever in the USA and truncated there in exceptional cases. Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyze your use of the website, to generate reports about website activity and to provide the website operator with other services related to website and Internet use.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser in line with Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
- You can configure your browser to block the storage of the cookies; however, please note that you may not be able to make full use of all website functions in this case. Furthermore, you can prevent Google from collecting the data related to your use of the website generated by the cookie (including your IP address) and Google processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Alternatively to the browser add-on or when using browsers on mobile devices, please click this link, to prevent a collection by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out only works in this browser and only for this domain). At the same time, an opt-out cookie is stored on your device. If you erase your cookies in this browser, you have to click on this link again.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the addition “_anonymizeIp()”. IP addresses are therefore processed in a truncated form, to rule out a direct relation to any person. If the collected data concerning you is directly connected to you, this connection is excluded and the personal data is immediately erased.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website and continuously improve it. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our services and make them more attractive to you, the user. In exceptional cases, where personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has committed to adhering to the EU- US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the GDPR.
Integration of Google Maps
- This website uses the web services provided by Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and provides you with a convenient use of the map function.
- When visiting the website, Google obtains information in regard to your accessing the respective subpage on our website. Furthermore, the data specified in § 3 of this policy is transmitted. This occurs whether or not you have a Google user account, which you are logged into. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly allocated to your account. If you do not want an allocation to your Google account, please log out of our account before using the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research, and/or to customize the website design when required. This type of analysis (even for users, who are not logged in) is particularly aimed at providing custom advertising and to provide other members of the social network with information about your activity on our website. You have the right to object to this user profile being created; to do so, you must contact Google.
Integration of YouTube videos
- We have integrated YouTube videos into our website, which are stored at https://www.youtube.com and can be directly viewed via our website.
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives information that you accessed the respective subpage on our website. Furthermore, the data specified in § 3 of this policy is transmitted. This occurs whether or not you have a YouTube user account, which you are logged into. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly allocated to your account. If you do not want an allocation to your profile at YouTube, please log out of our account before using the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purpose of advertising, market research, and/or to customize its website design when required. This type of analysis (even for users, who are not logged in) is specifically aimed at providing custom advertising and providing other members of the social network with information about your activity on our website. You have the right to object to this user profile being created; to do so, you must contact YouTube.
§7 Contact form and email contact
Our website includes a contact form, which can be used to contact us electronically. If a user chooses to use this option, the data entered by the user in the input screen is transmitted to us and stored. This data includes:
- user’s name
- information regarding the receipt of a copy of the contact email
- consent to data storage
When sending the message, the following data is also stored:
- the user's IP address
- date and time of sending
Alternatively, you can contact us using the provided email address. In this case, we store the user's personal data transmitted in the email.
In this context, the data is not disclosed to third parties. The data is solely used to process the conversation.
§ 8 Newsletter
Newsletter - General information
(1) By granting your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, through which we inform you about our latest interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for registration to our newsletter. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we save the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data. If you subscribe to several lists/newsletters, or if the newsletter is an integral part of another offer, only a double opt-in procedure will be carried out (according to the judgement of the German Federal Court of Justice III ZR 196/17 of 01 February 2018).
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information required for receiving the newsletter. The indication of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1, lit. a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
(4) You may revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and cancel your subscription to the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
(5) According to recital 47, the processing of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing may be considered as processing in the legitimate interest of the user. The legal basis for this would be Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
Newsletter - Performance measurement
We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single pixel image files stored on our website. For evaluation purposes, we link the data outlined in Para. 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile in order to adapt the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in them and infer your personal interests from this. This data is then linked by us with your activities on our website. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact method. The information is stored for the duration of your subscription to the newsletter. After you have unsubscribed, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously. Such tracking is also not possible if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case, the newsletter will not be fully displayed and you may not be able to use all functions. If you have the images displayed manually, the above tracking will take place.
Newsletter - Dispatch service provider
Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is prohibited from selling your data and from using it for purposes other than sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a German certified provider, which was selected according to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and the German Data Protection Act. The dispatch service provider may use the recipient's data in pseudonymous form, i.e. without allocation to a user, to optimise or improve its own services, e.g. for technical optimisation of the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. However, the dispatch service provider does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself or to pass on the data to third parties.
Last updated: March 2019